Customs duties are levied when goods are imported into the territory of India and it is regulated by Customs Act, 1962 and Customs Tariff Act, 1975. By Introduction of GST, BCD and IGST would be leviable when goods are imported subject to notifications issued by the government.
The firm handles litigation in the field of Customs, Central Excise, Service Tax, Foreign Exchange Laws, Anti-Dumping laws, Sales Tax upto the level of Supreme Court of India.
- Drafting of reply to the notice issued by the department and attending the proceedings thereafter;
- Filing of statutory appeal before Commissioner (Appeals), Tribunal, High Court and Supreme Court of India and attending the proceedings thereafter;
- Filing of Writ Petition before High Court and SLP before Supreme Court;
- Attending Proceedings for release of imported Goods provisionally;
- Filing of appeal or writ for release of imported Goods provisionally; and
- Legal Opinion on any issue arising under the provisions of the Customs law, Central Excise, Service Tax, FEMA, Foreign Trade Policy, Anti-Dumping Duty, Sales Tax and allied laws.